Woven (formerly Ink Digital) has been up and running for just under 2 years and in that time we have seen a huge shift in the type of work we undertake. We have changed from a traditional development agency to a strategic creative agency with a digital focus. Our passion is brand engagement. We believe that every interaction with a brand should be meaningful and interesting.
Having redefined much of what we do we are now looking to grow. The new proposition is now fully launched to the market is proving very popular with potential clients. We have already signed up a number of new clients this year and we are in the enviable position of having a large pipeline of opportunities which could also land before the end of the year. It is a very exciting time.
The role – Account Director
We are on the lookout for another Account Director to join our team. Our current thinking is that this person will initially look after three accounts but we expect that their workload could build through the addition of new clients. We are not expecting this person to lead in the sales effort but they must be a credible figurehead who potential clients will buy into. Once the clients are in the building we expect our AD’s to be able to spot opportunities for client growth and liaise with the wider team to put together proposals in front of senior decision makers.
The nature of the work we are now bringing onboard is very varied. We are typically the lead strategic agency across a number of marketing channels. Our Client Services team members are expected to be able to switch context very quickly.
We give Account Directors a lot of responsibility when it comes to managing client relationships. You will be expected to plan out and present back how you intend to grow each of your accounts. This will need to include when you plan on visiting your clients to discuss progress and present new ideas backed up insight.
Lots of agencies say that personality is important but don’t really mean it. We do.
There’s definitely not a clique at Woven but there is an expectation that everyone who comes to work here is driven and confident. The client experience we strive for is partially based on trust and skills but more than anything on credibility and the quality of personal relationships. We’re not all about the fluff but we’re also not all suits who never show any emotion. It’s all about balance.
- You should have a passion for quality. We look the way we do for a reason. Our clients expect the best and we strive to deliver this. We want our people to really care about the work they turn out. If it’s not amazing we shouldn’t be sending it out of the building.
- Be positive. We want all of our staff to try and keep moving forward and not to get bogged down. The collective positive attitude of our people to offer solutions is how we do this.
- Demonstrable ability to keep a cool head in stressful situations is an essential skill needed for this role. We don’t have the stress levels of some other agencies but the reason for this is that we are collectively cool in a crisis.
- Infuse our trademark passion and expertise into every client-facing communication and presentation, ensuring our clients are fully paid-up members of the Woven Way.
- Be constantly conscientious of our clients’ demands, whilst having the confidence to challenge them when necessary.
- Have a clear understanding of the clients needs and objectives with an ability to make sound recommendations on how Woven can help them go above and beyond.
- Be an engaging, energetic and friendly presence, both in our studios and with our clients.
As mentioned there is a large amount of variety to the work we complete and we recruit on personality before skills. That said experience of the following would be useful:
- At least 7 years agency experience with exposure to a range of marketing channels.
- Experience of leading client teams of people from different departments.
- A capable builder of great client relationships. Our RAR ratings are a key part of our ability to attract and retain our clients.
- You should have strong presentation skills and an ability to engage with senior stakeholders.
- Have great organisational skills. Yes, we know everyone asks for this, but it’s really important. We’ll want you to have your diary hardwired to your cerebral cortex, your CRM bang up to date at all times and to know your clients better than they know themselves.
- Involvement of brand development projects.
- Execution of brand assets (such as adverts, web banners, event collateral, etc).
- Gathering of insight from data tools such as Google Analytics, Social Listening, HotJar and Lead Forensics.
- Planning and executing marketing campaigns.
- Exposure to email marketing and marketing automation systems.
- Experience of Agile delivery for web development projects.
What we offer
- Flexible working from our Leeds office, from home, or from anywhere of your choosing.
- 25 days’ holiday, plus an extra day off should your birthday falls during the week.
- An extra day’s holiday for every year you’ve worked with us.
- A performance-related bonus.
- A vibrant, friendly and passionate work culture that’s built around collaboration and personal development.
- Invitations to team outings and awards nights, where you’ll witness first-hand the famously horrendous dancing of our MD.
- And, last but by no means least, a free Friday fry-up. With red or brown sauce. Now, we can’t say fairer than that…
If you have what it takes to be our next Account Director, please email your CV to [email protected] or call 0113 873 0092 for more information.